National Margarita Day is here to sell tequila, and there's no perfect time than the present to host a happy hour featuring your favorite margarita. There are lots of jokes about tequila and what it makes you do, but if you are a fan of this spirit, join us in creating a few margaritas that are perfectly in step with the season. I am a big margarita fan, especially silver tequila; if you do too, try UNO, it's the best.
- Our peach margarita is perfectly timed for the summer season. During the winter, I swap fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, peel back a grapefruit, and muddle the pulp right into the drink. Some welcome additions include a drop of bitters or a sprig of rosemary. If this sounds refreshing, you bet it is, and it's fondly referred to as a Paloma.
- Are you watching your weight? It is the center of summer, which may be a rhetorical question. This Skinny Margarita will solve that problem.
- Make this Mojito with tequila; you can call it something else, more seasonally inclined, especially if you serve it with fresh muddled blueberries.
- Are you a Moscow Mule person? No problem there. Try swapping the vodka with tequila; you won't notice a difference.
- This Fruity Bee Collins is a drink that can easily host tequila in place of the gin we recommend. You are in for a real treat with all the fruit on the side.