Summertime is the perfect time to savor a backyard cookout with friends and family, so why worry about hot kitchen temps? So fire up those grills and prepare for healthy, fun outdoors this season! Say hello to Grilled Chicken Kebabs! This hearty yet light meal requires minimal effort while packing plenty of protein & vitamins. And marinating them overnight gives them superb flavor - mainly when you use Eastern Shore Honey! It adds that irresistible glaze as they caramelize on the grill in less than 20 mins. You can try different types or stick with your favorite Blueberry Honey for an unforgettable summer treat.
One great thing about kebabs is that you can mix and match what you make.
Are you craving a delicious and healthy light meal? Grill up some fresh produce for veggie kebabs with your favorite marinade! Dig into those flavorful ingredients to create an amazing salad that won't disappoint. If you're more of a meat eater, go ahead and substitute in humanely raised chicken. Not only will this satisfy your appetite, but also benefit the local economy by supporting small businesses from farmers' markets - all while reducing the carbon footprint simultaneously!
Adapting our Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Don't be afraid to get creative. Unleash your inner chef and take this recipe to the next level! For instance, try adding a pinch of spice for an extra kick or top it with fresh herbs for brightness - let that expert palate work its magic. The possibilities are limitless — give yourself permission to play in the kitchen and discover something unique each time you cook up this dish.
- Use whatever vegetables you like - mushrooms and tomatoes would be excellent.
- Turn up the heat and add jalapeño that will char beautifully on the grill
- Mix in different fresh herbs from your garden (or your best friend's garden)
- Use shrimp or tofu instead of chicken
Grilled Honey Chicken Kebabs
We created these Grilled Chicken kebabs for you to make outdoors! Kebabs make for a light meal that are packed with protein and vitamins and take less than 20 minutes to cook. You can swap out protein in this recipe, or remove it all together.
- 8 chicken breasts skinless and cubed
- 2 bell peppers cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions cut into quarters
- 2 small zucchini sliced thick
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/3 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme minced
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, thyme, minced garlic, and a dash each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of marinade for grilling.
- Add chicken and vegetables to the bowl. Cover and marinate in your refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If using charcoal, cook over hot red coals.
- Drain liquid from chicken and vegetables and thread onto skewers.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for about 16 minutes, (8 minutes each side) or until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with the remaining marinade. Make sure to turn often so the kabobs cook evenly.
- Yields 10-12 kabobs. Serve with whole grain couscous or pasta salad and fresh watermelon.
- per serving
- 40 grams
- 102 grams
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 289 milligrams
- 2159 milligrams
- 2270 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 31 grams
- Vitamin C
- 114.5 milligrams
- 87 milligrams
- 4 milligrams