Honey mustard roasted carrots burst with fantastic flavor and texture. It is delicious and easy to make. We used heirloom carrots, but any carrots will do! Although we do say, “The more colorful the carrots, the better!” They are not just for good health but for the whole presentation. The bright and beautiful colors delight your eyes before the flavors excite your taste buds.
When we have company, I double this honey mustard roasted carrots recipe to ensure we have enough. They go quickly, even with kids, who seem to enjoy them the most.
I experiment with ingredients often and encourage you to play with your food. Do you know that there are 25 different types of carrots? I often grab many assorted carrots and other root vegetables for this dish. Parsnips, turnips, and beets will all work nicely in this recipe.
You can’t mess up this recipe if you have your favorite mustard or want to grind some fresh horseradish to add a kick. This preparation includes whole-grain mustard and our amazing farm-made Spring Honey.
How to make Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 425 and gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Scrub carrots and peel.
- If the carrots have their tops intact, trim the tops leaving a “green hat” for show.
- Mix marinade and pour on top of carrots. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- For about 12 minutes on one side, turn and roast for an additional 12 minutes. If the carrots are large, this process may take longer; it may take less time if the carrots are small. Be sure to keep an eye on them.
Honey mustard roasted carrots maintain their vibrant color even after roasting.
Colorful Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots
Made with a glaze of honey, garlic, and dijon, these Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots are a colorful addition to the dinner table. Mix in your other favorite root vegetables, like potatoes or parsnips, for a wide variety of tastes. The glaze we used would also be fantastic on Brussels sprouts or beets!
- 20 medium carrots heirloom, tops on
- 8 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. Eastern Shore Honey
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425
- Scrub the carrots and peel. Trim tops leaving a “green hat” for show
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Mix marinade and pour on top of the carrots and be sure to coat well
- Roast for about 12 minutes on one side, turn and roast an additional 12 minutes
- per serving
- 25 grams
- 2 grams
- 20 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 197 milligrams
- 679 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 13 grams
- Vitamin C
- 14.9 milligrams
- 80 milligrams
- 1 milligrams