Spirulina is a blue-green alga that has been around since the beginning of time. This DIY spirulina face mask moisturizes, tightens, and lifts skin while it promotes anti-aging and healthy skin. This mask also helps to clean up break-outs. Spirulina contains protein and almost all known antioxidants, including; Vitamins C, B1, B5, and B6, zinc, manganese, copper, beta-carotene, vitamin E, and amino acid methionine. Antioxidants fend off free radicals, eliminate toxins and increase the skin’s metabolism. Spirulina fights the appearance of aging due to its high protein source, as it provides skin oxygen.
What that means in skin care is that you feed your skin with this DIY Spirulina Face Mask.
This is my very favorite DIY mask. We’ve nicknamed this mask superfood for a super face. This recipe is easy to whip up; try it twice a week for a month. Take a before and after shot and share it with us. You will see a change in your skin, and that is when it makes an effort worth it.
Raw Honey and Spirulina
Full of micronutrients, raw honey is mother nature’s humectant. Honey moisturizes the skin and contains a high level of gluconic acid which brightens and evens-out skin tone. Honey helps with acne, also. Use crystallized honey for the added benefit of light exfoliation. Exfoliation aids in turning cells and leads to a fresh new layer of skin.
Evening primrose oil
It contains gamma-linolenic (GLA), a rare acid in breast milk. GLA protects the integrity of the skin and strengthens while it provides moisture. Evening primrose oil nourishes the skin.
Frankincense and Geranium essential oils
Frankincense and Geranium essential oils are known to be good for your skin. This blend also helps to overshadow the aroma of the Spirulina. Use those if you prefer lavender essential oil or any other rated safe on the skin.
Here are some ideas on how you can treat yourself to a whole at-home experience while you allow this mask to set:
- Take a milk and honey oatmeal bath
- Soak in some Bath Salts
- Treat your eyes to a cooling and de-puffing honey cucumber eye treatment
- Apply a total DIY Honey Body Scrub.
If you try out our DIY Spirulina Face Mask, take a selfie and share it with us using #beeinspired on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
DIY Spirulina Face Mask
If you want to see immediate results in your skin, combine honey and seaweed, apply for just a few minutes if that's all the time you have, and revel in the results!
- 1 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey or our Original Body Scrub
- 1 tbsp. organic spirulina
- 1 capsule evening primrose oil
- 6 drops frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
Combine Honey and Spirulina.
- Pierce the vitamin and add contents to honey and spirulina mixture.
- Add essential oils, mix until it is the consistency of peanut butter.
- Spread all over your face either using your fingers or a foundation brush.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and feel the difference in your skin.