This Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade Soda is made with Butterfly Pea Flower Tea, a naturally vibrant tea that when mixed with different acids (lemon, honey, or perhaps your favorite spirit), allows you to create unique shades of blue and purple ranging from a subtle sky blue to a deep violet-blue to bright fuchsia.
It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser that your friends and family will love—especially when topped off with a few fresh mint, basil, rosemary or lavender sprigs for garnish!
In addition, because butterfly pea tea has so many health benefits—like its antioxidant content and ability to help balance anxiety—this drink recipe can help improve your overall wellbeing while hydrating you on hot days. Keep reading for the full directions on how to craft the perfect butterfly pea tea lemonade soda!
How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade Soda
Step 1: Open a Jar of Bee Inspired Blue Butterfly Pea Tea
Step 2: Pour hot water over tea leaves
Step 3: Allow to steep and turn a beautiful shade of blue
Step 4: Strain the leaves from the tea
Step 5: Add honey and lemon and watch the color change
Step 6: Pour over floral ice cubes
Step 7: Add Soda Water to the top
Step 8: Garnish with lemon and enjoy the refreshing drink
Crafting the perfect Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade Soda has never been easier. With ingredients that are all-natural and easy to find here on our Artisanal Tea pages, creating a refreshing drink is at your fingertips! Bursting with flavor, color, and aroma, this tasty beverage will make an excellent addition for any event. Plus, its health benefits from the antioxidant content to anxiety reduction ensure you'll be feeling good after you take a sip.
Share your creations with us on Instagram and try out this delicious summer beverage with confidence knowing that it's helping you maintain great physical and mental wellbeing! Enjoy the unique flavors while embracing the good mood-boosting properties of this beverage. And don't forget to share your pictures with us on social afterwards!
Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade Soda
Butterfly pea flower tea is naturally vibrant in color, allowing you to customize your drinks with unique shades ranging from a subtle sky blue to a deep violet-blue.
- 3 cups warm water
⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ cup dried butterfly pea tea
- ⅓ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups ice with flowers
- 3 cups soda water
- Lemon slices basil leaves, rosemary stalks (optional garnish)
- Make Butterfly Pea Tea. Infuse dried butterfly pea flowers in warm water. Allow to steep for a few minutes until a vibrant blue hue develops.
- For an even bolder color, use the back of a spoon to press the flowers against the bottom of the bowl. Once the color is vivid blue, strain and discard the flowers.
- Add the honey to the Butterfly Pea Tea and use a spoon to stir until fully dissolved.
- Mix the lemon juice with the sweetened Butterfly Pea Tea.
- Fill 3 glasses with ice.
- Pour the Butterfly Pea Tea lemonade over the ice, up to about half of each glass.
- Fill the rest of each glass with soda water.
- Garnish with pieces of lemon and rosemary sprigs and stir to enjoy.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 34 grams
- .2 grams
- 32 grams
- 0 grams