This Simple Salad Dressing is so easy to make! I make it every few weeks and store it in an air-tight glass container, so it’s ready to go. Enjoy this dressing for a few weeks when stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight glass container. Bring the dressing to room temperature and shake well before use. When you make your dressings, you know what you are eating. Often, store-bought dressings are filled with undesirable ingredients.
How to make Simple Salad Dressing
This dressing is fast, easy, and simple to make. You don’t have to use it only on a salad! You can mix it up and use it to marinate fish, chicken even beets and onions. It’s versatile and will make even the most ordinary dish taste better.
Step One: Gather your ingredients
You’ll need olive oil, vinegar, lemons, honey, mustard, garlic, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
Step Two: Mix the ingredients
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and whisk until slightly emulsified. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving as the ingredients separate after sitting a while. Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
You may find this hard to believe, but gluten can be found in many store-bought salad dressings that line the grocery store shelves. Knowing the ingredients that go into your food makes it taste better! Your loving hands make this alternative for your family.
Adapting Simple Salad Dressing:
A recipe is not perfect until you’ve added your touch. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. Have fun! You really can’t mess this up. Here are some ideas:
- Use this dressing as a marinade on chicken, fish, and veggies for roasting or raw salads.
- Enjoy cabbage salad, chopped cabbage, cherry tomatoes, and this dressing.
- Drop a few roasted garlic cloves in to give it some extra flavor.
- Mix up the kind of oils and vinegar you use for this dressing. Pick your favorites.
Try these pickled onions on your salad; they will add even more flavor!
Simple Salad Dressing
Simple and delicious. This flavorful dressing can be used on salad, fish, chicken or assorted vegetables and takes only minutes to mix.
- 1 c olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp. Waxing Kara Honey
- 1 tsp. mustard ground
- 1 tsp. garlic fresh minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes crushed
Combine all ingredients in glass bowl and whisk until slightly emulsified.
- Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature and shake before serving as ingredients separate.
- per serving
- 2 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 168 milligrams
- 13 milligrams
- 2 grams
- Vitamin C
- 2.1 milligrams
- 0.2 milligrams