Skinny Margarita is a "thing". It's a lower-calorie alternative to the well-loved sugary counterpart that many of us gave up drinking in our 20s. I have come to learn that this recipe is a great guilt-free way to relax on a Saturday evening that doesn't leave me with a sugar hangover on Sunday morning.
All I can promise is that when I serve this skinny margarita recipe, everyone enjoys this drink.
We crafted this simple Skinny Honey Margarita for you and your friends. As with any great recipe, use the very best white tequila, the best honey, and the freshest produce you can find, skipping the pre-made mixes!
Who doesn't love a good margarita?
You don't have to go out to a bar to enjoy one because margaritas are easy to make at home, and won't be full of sugar and artificial flavors if you make it yourself.
How to make a Skinny Margarita
- Gather the ingredients you will need to make this drink.
- Pour tequila, honey syrup, lime juice, orange juice over ice into a cocktail beaker.
- Stir well and pour into a tumbler.
- Rim glass with salt beforehand if desired.
- Simple Syrup combine honey and water together in a saucepan over medium heat until the honey is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one month.
Adapting this Margarita Recipe
The beauty of a simple cocktail is that you can easily change it up to fit what you have on hand.
- Try this with fresh-squeezed Grapefruit juice instead of or in addition to the fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- We used Butter Bean Honey in our margarita, but any honey with a light and mild flavor will do the trick. Our Blackberry Honey will add an interesting dimension to this recipe.
- Muddle in some fresh mint or basil leaves.
Sweeten Up This Skinny Margarita Recipe
A recipe is not truly perfect until you’ve added your own touch to it. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this drink. Have fun! Here are some ideas:
- Muddle in a slice of cucumber.
- Add in a sprig of mint and a slice of orange.
- Experiment with the Honey you use.
If you shake up this Skinny Margarita, why not take a photo and share it with us using #beeinspired on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Skinny Margarita is a "thing". It's a lower-calorie alternative to the well-loved sugary counterpart that many of us gave up drinking in our youth.
Pour tequila, honey syrup, lime juice, orange juice over ice into a cocktail beaker.
Stir well and pour into a tumbler. Rim glass with salt beforehand if desired.
HONEY SIMPLE SYRUP
Combine honey and water together in a saucepan over medium heat until the honey is dissolved.
Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one month.
- per serving
- 37 grams
- 19 milligrams
- 118 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 33 grams
- Vitamin C
- 44.6 milligrams
- 37 milligrams
- 1.2 milligrams