It's hard to believe that this fantastic Gluten Free Bran Muffins recipe tastes so good and is also gluten-free. Crunchy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside. It took about 20 minutes from start to finish to prepare this recipe. Start your morning feeling good inside and out with a delicious breakfast treat.
How to Make Gluten-Free Bran Muffins
It's easy to make these gluten-free bran muffins. Here are the steps:
- Gather together your ingredients. Then preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either grease your muffin pan for nine muffins or use paper liners. My preference is a silicone muffin pan.
- Sift the first six ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowls, blend eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, butter/oil, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add banana, dates, flax, bran, and walnuts, and fill muffin cups till almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The muffin will be firm and golden.
If you love muffin recipes, try these Paleo Pumpkin Muffins too!
Is Bran Gluten Free?
Standard bran flakes are not gluten-free because they're made from whole wheat. However, rice bran recipes abound and can add necessary fiber to a gluten-free diet.
You could also ask if raisin bran is gluten-free. The answer is no; raisin bran is not gluten-free because the bran source comes from wheat.
The good news is that I'm sharing a substitute for wheat bran. Rice bran is a good bran substitute.
Use these expert tips to make this rice bran muffin perfect every time:
- This recipe calls for honey. Of course, we used Bee Inspired, honey!
- You can make your oat flour by adding gluten-free oats to a blender and pulsing until a flour consistency is achieved.
- Add 1/2 cup of raisins to make gluten-free raisin bran muffins.
- Most bran flakes are not gluten-free, so we're using rice bran in this recipe. You can find rice bran at health food stores.
- Make sure to fill the muffin tins until they are almost complete. Because these are gluten-free muffins, they don't rise as much as traditional muffins.
- If you don't want to use rice bran, substitute oat bran. Gluten-free oat bran muffins are delicious!
Rice bran recipes can be delicious when made properly. This recipe puts it all together perfectly!
Gluten-Free Bran Muffins
- 3/4 c gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 c walnuts chopped
- 4 whole medjool dates chopped
- 1 banana chopped small
- 1 c almond milk or your favorite nut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 eggs
1/3 c Bee Inspired Honey
- 1/2 c ground flax seed
- 1/2 c rice bran
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. zanthum gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder aluminum free
- 1/4 c almond or amarath flour
- 1/2 c walnuts for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Either grease your muffin pan for 9 muffins or use paper liners. My preference is a silicone muffin pan
- Sift first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl
- In separate bowl blend eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, butter/oil then add to the dry ingredients
- Add banana, dates, flax, bran, walnuts and fill muffin cups till almost full
- Bake for 20 min. Muffin will be firm and golden.
- per serving
- 33 grams
- 7 grams
- 31 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 36 milligrams
- 174 milligrams
- 390 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 19 grams
- Vitamin C
- 1.2 milligrams
- 129 milligrams
- 1.8 milligrams