Ahhh, peach season-what a sweet time of year! A bowl of this warm Peach Oatmeal Recipe is an excellent start to your day. Sweet and all-natural, this oatmeal is bright and cheerful. Plenty of farm stands have peaches from mid to late summer, and there are dozens of ways to use them: cobblers, pies, top of granola and jams are all classic options. Peaches at the breakfast table are a great idea. These beautiful, crisp, sometimes furry fruits are lovely but offer a low glycemic index and reduce the need for added sugar.
Eastern Shore Honey brings out the flavors of fresh peaches. The caramel notes of our Sweet Clover Honey work very well with the sweet-tart tones of the fruit. Try grilling the peaches with a drizzle of honey before blending them into the oats for a smoky flavor.
How to Make Warm Peach Oatmeal
- Gather all of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients over medium heat, stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot, and burn.
- Add peaches and more almond milk as a garnish. Alternatively, add fruit while cooking to cook into the oats, just before removing them from the heat.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Add a little more milk as necessary upon serving.
- To serve, pour two tablespoons of milk over the oats and add a drizzle of Eastern Shore Honey.
Adapting this Warm Peach Oatmeal Recipe
A recipe is not perfect until you’ve added your touch. Play with your peaches and oats. Call your inner chef to come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Mix in a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter.
- If you have a nut allergy, skip the nuts and use toasted pumpkin seeds
- Try toasted coconut on top or mixing toasted coconut into the recipe while it's on the stove. It adds a great texture.
- Top with dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, or diced dried apricots