This Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink involves mixing something lovely with something very sour and drinking it in the interest of good health. The idea of a vinegar honey detox seems polarizing to me and seems counter-productive at first, but I am going to trust the process. I’ve been feeling the late-winter blues. And the finicky weather is to blame! Just as the sun comes out, the weather takes a turn for the worst, and we see snow the next day. In need of rejuvenation and to break out of this sluggish routine, I decided to test my mixology skills with a special cocktail.
ACV Honey Detox, here I come
By now, we're all familiar with the benefits of taking apple cider vinegar. Packed with B vitamins and probiotics, apple cider vinegar is a beneficial addition to your diet. That's exactly why I mixed up this apple cider vinegar honey detox drink. Quite the mouthful, but it's just what you need this time of year.
You either love Vinegar, or you hate it. I enjoy it, and I also like other fermented foods, so this might be something I add to my regular diet. To sweeten up my vinegar drink, I added a spoonful of honey to the mixture.
A word of caution: don’t drink undiluted vinegar. The acidity of the vinegar will damage your teeth over time and may upset your stomach. Add vinegar to your salad dressings, into lemon water, or enjoy this apple cider vinegar honey detox drink.
What is ACV? Is it made from apples?
The answer is yes! ACV is short for Apple cider vinegar, and it's spoiled apple juice; vinegar is the French word for spoiled wine. The process of making vinegar is simple and includes two steps:
- Yeast is added to crushed apples and their juice to create alcohol
- Fermentation of alcohol occurs with the addition of bacteria
Apple cider vinegar traditionally takes up to one month to ferment and produce. The fermented alcohol becomes acetic acid, which gives vinegar its bite.
Acetic acid has health benefits.
The mother, or "floaties" within the liquid, provides the most health benefits. Moreover, the mother contains probiotics, which are often the key to weight loss. Probiotics are for gut health. When we balance our gut, digestion improves. Adding one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet, ultimately aids in overall health.
How to Make Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
Place a dollop of honey into your favorite mug.
Pour a cup of warm water into a mug and stir until the honey is fully dissolved.
Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick and Drink
Key health benefits of
Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
- In a study, apple cider vinegar was found to aid in weight loss. Individuals who consumed one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily and reduced calorie consumption were found to lose weight over 12 weeks. Their counterparts in the study, who cut calories but did not take vinegar, did not lose as much weight.
- Apple cider vinegar may lower blood sugar and help to balance sugar levels.
Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Detox is safe for most people
We are not doctors or overly educated health practitioners at Bee Inspired. We can, however, attest to our personal experiences and whatever research is readily available to us. The truth is many of the studies are small and not overly robust.
The available ACV and honey detox research is promising as it relates to blood sugar management, heart health, and balancing bacteria.
ACV is safe in doses below 2 tbsp per day. However, we don't do this detox more than once daily for 5 days.
What to avoid on ACV and honey Detox Usage
- Please refrain from using this detox drink if you are under medical care for illness or on medications without guidance and advice from your doctor.
- Don't overdo this ACV detox. Moderation is the key to good living.
- Apple cider vinegar is acidic. NEVER drink it without diluting it first.
- Acid erodes tooth enamel and will burn your mouth and throat.
- To avoid stomach upset, do not take ACV on an empty stomach.
- If this drink irritates the throat, follow drinking the tea with a glass of water.
Customize this Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Detox Drink
We always encourage you to play with your food. Create your tasty detox drink with your favorite tea and honey to make it more interesting.
- To spice it up, add a dash of cayenne pepper
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric (for the added anti-inflammatory properties)
- Try fresh ginger root in this tea
- Use Coconut water instead of filtered water
- Try organic hot green tea for the base of this health cocktail.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Detox
Do you know the benefits of taking apple cider vinegar? It's packed with B vitamins and probiotics and is a beneficial addition to your diet. Add to tea to promote detoxification.
- 16 oz warm water
1 tbsp Bee Inspired Honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Add honey to warm water and stir until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cinnamon.
- Drink when fully combined.
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 18 grams
- Vitamin C
- 11.6 milligrams
- 27 milligrams
Other Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes that you will love:
These easy pickled onions stay fresh in an airtight refrigerated container for at least a week; using Apple Cider Vinegar in the recipe not only adds to the flavor but it makes this recipe even better for you!
This Simple Salad Dressing with honey and ACV only adds depth of flavor to even the most rudimentary salad.
ACV even helps bees
Believe it or not, we add Apple Cider Vinegar to our bee food. There are a few times of the year when we must feed our bees. Feeding bees stimulates them. We use this feeding as an opportunity to build their microbiome by adding a tablespoon or two of ACV. I can tell you first-hand that there has been a notable difference in their overall health and performance since we started this practice over a year ago.
What are the benefits of an Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Detox?
Apple cider vinegar is packed with B vitamins and probiotics, apple cider vinegar is a beneficial addition to your diet. When mixed with honey, cinnamon, and lemon a wonderful elixir is formed to make you feel the good benefits of well-balanced gut health.