Warm, spiced, and sweet with honey, cinnamon, and a dusting of sugar crystals, our Honey Ginger Cookies are a delightful treat to share with someone you love - especially as the weather grows chilly and the cravings for coziness make their return! These cookies are crisp on the outside with tender, soft middles. You’ll be sure to come back for more.
Made with our small-batch Autumn Honey, we developed these cookies to be perfectly sweet with just the right amount of seasonal spice - with cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove; these are cozy treats just right for Autumn and Winter. Enjoy them with tea, pack a few for lunch, and share with your neighbors and friends. You can't go wrong with these!
Save Some for Later
If you'd like to, you can easily double this recipe to make an ultra-big batch to share with loved ones. Or, you can roll the dough into balls, place them on a tray, and freeze them. Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag. Then you can bake a few at a time, or you can bake the entire batch later.
Adapting this Ginger Cookies Recipe
Sometimes it’s good to have fun with your food. If you’re dreaming of different ways to adapt this recipe, here are some ideas to make them your own:
- Replace half of the vegan butter with peanut or almond butter for a rich flavor
- Add some lemon zest to the recipe - about a teaspoon - will make a nice touch
- Leave out the cinnamon and double up on the ginger to make these ginger cookies sing even more!
We'd love to see how these turn out for you! Be sure to take a photo and share them with us using #beeinspired on Instagram. We love seeing your photos!
Ginger Cookies Recipe
These Ginger Cookies are made with honey and are perfect for the vegetarian in your family!
- 3/4 c butter vegan
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c Bee Inspired Honey
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flax, 3 T water)
- 2 tbsp. rum or rum-flavored extract
- 2 1/4 c flour all purpose
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c raw large granule sugar * You can use regular granulated sugar, but the larger granules of raw sugar is a nice touch
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Heat your oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixture to mix the vegan butter, sugar, and honey until creamy (1 – 2 minutes). Add the flax egg and rum and continue mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Sift to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the honey mixture. Stir until combined. The dough will be sticky so it helps to refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Place the raw sugar and cinnamon in a bowl together. Stir to combine.
- Roll the dough into 1” balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place about 1.5” apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 – 10 minutes, until golden on the edges but still soft on the inside. These cookies firm up as they cool so to ensure a soft cookie, remove them from the oven while still fairly soft in the middle. Allow to cool on the pan for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 1 grams
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 12 milligrams
- 118 milligrams
- 29 milligrams
- 11 grams
- 11 milligrams
- 0.6 milligrams