Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade with honey and ginger is a thirst-quenching mocktail for you and your family. When the weather starts to get warm this is a great homemade soda. If you're having a spring or summer garden party, this is an excellent signature drink to offer guests. Spring Honey is the perfect sweetener for this drink!
Using other berries in this drink would be a great way to change it up. We love blackberries and raspberries, which come into season just after strawberries. All three types of berries are easy to grow in your backyard, and you should give them a go this summer! Fresh berries are so much more delicious than ones from the grocery store.
Adapting Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
A recipe is not perfect until you’ve added your touch. That’s why we encourage you to play with your food. Let your inner chef come out and play and change up this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Try using frozen strawberries. It will keep the drink cool and a little crunchy.
- Add a shot of your favorite artisan gin or vodka to make an adult version of this refreshing drink.
- Mix all but club soda and strawberries and freeze in an ice cube tray. Pour club soda over ice cubes using the fresh strawberries as garnish.
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
A perfect beverage for a light lunch, our Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade with honey and ginger is a bubbly mocktail that we know you’ll love.
- 3/4 c Waxing Kara Honey
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c lemon peel strips about 1-1/2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger-root minced
- 3/4 c fresh-squeezed lemon juice about 3 lemons
- 1 c organic strawberries
- 1 c club soda chilled
In small saucepan, heat water and honey until dissolved (stir frequently)
- Stir in lemon strips and minced ginger-root
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Transfer to a pitcher
- Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled
- Strain, discarding ginger and lemon peel
- Stir in club soda
- Serve over ice
- per serving
- 58 grams
- 17 milligrams
- 150 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 55 grams
- Vitamin C
- 39.2 milligrams
- 15 milligrams
- 0.4 milligrams