There are so many reasons to love the fall. It happens to be my very favorite time of the year. From falling leaves to weather is just about perfect, which makes it ideal to enjoy fall activities with your family, everything from hosting an apple harvest party to taking a trip to the local pumpkin patch. I always bring home lots of small pumpkins and gourds to mix with our Soy Candles to display on the entry table and dining table. The house is overtaken with scents of the season and everyone tells me how great the house smells.
Of course, there are so many autumn-inspired pumpkin sweets to bake with honey this season, and while we are talking about pumpkin we encourage you to try it on your face as well! Apples are a seasonal star and we're just dreaming of baked apples and apple tarts, bourbon honey pumpkin pies, and this wonderful pumpkin soufflé. Don't forget about all the seasonal cocktails too!
Also, our all-time favorite holiday—Halloween is in the fall. What makes Halloween extra-special for me- is that it's my husband's birthday. Fun, fun, fun. We celebrate these days by going out of town to unwind, another reason to look forward to Fall.
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."— Albert Camus
Fall Recipes and menu ideas
The new deliciously crisp air outside means it’s time for heartier recipes sprinkled with colors of the season. Many of the recipes that follow are downright delicious and easy to make. There is something for every kind of eater, vegan to carnivore. Enjoy chili when it’s chilly. Don’t forget to make yourself an autumn-inspired cocktail while you’re cooking.
Fall Starter Recipes
- Lentil Soup made with honey
- This Carrot Ginger Soup is quick to make and so light!
- This Kale Salad with chickpeas and makes a perfect entree also
- This collection of Chili recipes for every kind of chili eater
Sweet Roasted Autumn Root Vegetables
At the root of it all, you can mix and match your favorite nutrient-dense root vegetables in any of these recipes. What are your favorites? Parsnips? Beets? Turnip? You pick.
- Honey Mustard Roasted Carrots
- Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash with Honey
- Honey Glazed Butternut Squash
- Easy Pickled Beets
- Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Inspired Fall Recipes for Bread
- Beer Bread is so impressive yet easy to make
- This Southern Cornbread is served with almond butter
- These Carrot Bran Muffins go well with a nice big bowl of spicy chili
Poultry and Fish Entrees in Autumn
- Chicken with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Rosemary Fennel Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Salmon
- Honey Citrus-Glazed Salmon
- Bee Inspired Fish