Everyone loves dessert, and everyone wants to stay healthy. Believe it or not, the two goals can go hand-in-hand! Whether you’re looking for something sweet to end a meal or just want a satisfying snack between meals, there are lots of amazing desserts that don’t have to weigh guilty thoughts on your conscience. Celebrate delicious and nutritious recipes made with honey as the star ingredient for flavor and health benefits. You will find loads of inspiration to create tasty treats full of love along with natural sugar goodness from honey!
Some things to keep in mind when "healthing" it up:
- Try taking the white out, reducing processed sugar and dairy in your desserts improves general well-being
- Taking out all fats is not an excellent idea, your body needs them! Instead, cut out animal-based fats and trans and saturated fats
- Add lots of fruits to your dessert menu (caramelized pears, anyone?)
- Avoid sweets high in sugar, fillers, preservatives, and artificial flavors when shopping.
If you aren't interested in following a recipe, here are a few short-cut alternatives:
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding: Mash together one ripe avocado, two tablespoons cocoa powder, 1-2 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of choice), and a splash of milk until smooth. Top with nuts, fruit, or coconut flakes for added crunch.
- Baked Apples: Core an apple and fill the center with a mixture of chopped nuts, dried fruit, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bake in the oven at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until the apple is soft.
- Fruit Salad: Chop up a variety of your favorite fruits and mix them. Top with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of coconut flakes for added sweetness.
- Banana Ice Cream: Freeze ripe bananas and blend them in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add any mix-ins you like, such as cocoa powder, nuts, or fruit.
These healthy desserts made with honey will do the trick for a happy waistline
For breakfast, try a piece of this Healthy Coffee Cake. We developed this recipe over the summer, and after a few trial-and-error attempts, we came up with something wonderful and delicious. Our recipe calls for a candied nut topping; feel free to leave it out or replace it with a little melted dark chocolate drizzled over the top.
If you're a chocoholic, you'll die for these Beetroot Brownies. As strange as they may sound, the ingredients come together surprisingly well-you'll never know there are beets in here!
Gently grilled fruit really hits the spot
All you need is the fruit, honey, and a little oil to get cooking! You can use your griddle indoors if it's too chilly outside to fire up the BBQ. This is one healthy dessert recipe you won't want to miss out on.
I am big on fruit; I put fruit in everything, even our beauty products. That's what happens when I can't get enough of all the good that comes from putting it into and onto my body. This Cherry Cobbler is 100% guilt-free!
Try these cookies for a gluten-free and mostly guilt-free after-dinner treat. These cookies are heavenly made with egg whites and coconut. Plus, it's easy to make these chocolate coconut macaroons with a little cocoa powder.
For a portable sweet treat, bake up these Honey Carrot Cake Bars. They are bright and beautiful, and perfectly sized for an on the go snack.
Another healthy sweet we know you'll like is our Caramelized Pears recipe.
These are just as sweet as the grilled peaches but have the special addition of a deliciously light caramel sauce.
This two-ingredient Fruit Sorbet is packed with vitamins without any artificial colors or flavors. Even if the weather is cold outside, whipping up a batch of this icy goodness may be well worth the effort.
Surprise vegan pudding, anyone? Nobody has to know the secret ingredient, well, at least until AFTER it's all gone.
While we are on the subject of healthy chocolate desserts, I present this chocolate chia seed pudding. Seriously good and good for you!